Hello lovelies! Today is April 1! Where has 2015 gone? It seems like only yesterday I was ringing in the new year with a bottle of sparking cider. How have your years been going? Good I would hope! The weather is starting to warm up, the sun is out, and flowers are beginning to grow. Right now I’m sitting in my back yard with a large bottle of water and I’m thinking about how I can further my new years resolutions.
- Drink More water. Mission accomplished…most days. Some days I forget my water bottle or become so dehydrated I get a headache that lasts up to 8 hours… even with advil. I’m trying to get in 6 cups a day even though the recommended is 8, baby steps.
- Travel more. My family is just starting to realize that when I say I want to travel, I don’t mean to Chicago or even California, I mean all over Europe, Australia, I want to T R A V E L. For now, I have a trip to New York in the works for June.
- Spend money on experiences, not things. This is something one of my friends taught me. She rarely buys new clothes and doesn’t spend much on makeup but she goes to tons of concerts and shows. I gave up buying makeup for Lent this year and I just bought concert tickets for August with the money I saved, I also started a car fund. It’s incredible how much money you have when you restrict yourself from buying certain things. But I did buy a few new accessories and such; I got some platform sandals, a new bag, a new coat, and some sportswear!
- Do something you love every day. I love blogging, and although I don’t post every day, I read blogs, comment and search for new ones. Every single day. I also love art and I’m taking an art class so I’m doing that every day. It’s just little things that combine to make me happier.
- Be healthier. A few weeks ago I ate no processed food for 2 days. It was hard but I didn’t find myself eating as often or as much when I was eating mostly fruits, veggies, and eggs. I’ve also started doing blogilates videos. They’re really hard sometimes but Casey, the instructor, is so encouraging that I want to keep going with her. I like to have someone to keep me going while I’m exercising and since most videos are only around 5 minutes, it’s easy to fit one in every day.
- Think positive thoughts. Whenever I feel a little nervous or anxious I just think happy, reassuring thoughts like “everything is going to be just fine” to keep calm. I’ve also tried to control complaining which has been tough, it’s a really bad habit but I’m working on it!
Completely flopped on your New Year’s resolutions? It’s a new month and a chance to start over! I heard a quote somewhere that I really loved, “There’s no better time than right now.” Maybe try something small like drink more water or something bigger like exercise every day.
How are your resolutions going? Got any new ones? Let me know!