Hello lovelies! In honor of Mother’s Day here in the U.S., I decided to do a post on some of the things my mother taught me this far in my life.
- Have your own style and you’ll always be ahead of the trends. Every. Time. Because wearing what you want it way better than trying to be someone else’s clone.
- Healthy food tastes good. She always raised me with the thought that healthy food was the best tasting and I still reach for fruit over candy every single day.
- You have the power to do whatever you want. My mom always supports my ideas 100% and never makes me feel like I’m dreaming too big.
- Travel is completely possible. One summer, my mom lived in Australia for 2 months. She says it was one of her favorite trips and summers of her life. One year after college I want to take a year to just travel, I love seeing new places and going on adventures.
- How to save. Since my mom has been working at a bank for over 20 years, she knows a little something about saving. I’ve been *willingly* putting money into my savings account for nearly 10 years now. I’m one of those people that splurges but saves far more than I spend.
- Reading is enjoyable. My mom read to me every night when I was little. I now read so often, it’s one of my favorite pastimes.
- Wear what you want, wear what makeup you want. She has given me such freedom with my clothes and makeup and everything, I’m so lucky.
- Behaving well will always get you the best results. I have always been well behaved, I was never grounded in my life. As a result, I have friends that rarely get me into trouble and have the same values as me.
- Hugs are very important. Give them often and you shall receive.
- Girlfriends are more important than trying to get a boyfriend. I always have valued my girlfriends over anything else. We aren’t the stereotypical teenage girls, we talk about real things like our life goals and how we plan to get them, our job aspirations, our views on how our generation will raise their children. I wouldn’t refuse relationships that would benefit me, but I’ll never abandon my friends for a boyfriend.
- Family is above all. No matter what.
- Not everything is fair but my job is only to make the best of it.
For all the mothers reading today, Happy Mother’s Day.